Monday, September 2, 2013

Sheldon's Gift Monologue

HAPPY MONOLOGUE MONDAY!!! So this is the 1st official Monologue Monday. I've chosen a very funny monologue from The Big Bang Theory, Season 2, Episode 11, "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis". Even though it's not Christmas, I still love this episode. It made me laugh the whole time, and ended with one of the sweetest Sheldon moments ever.
When Penny mentions to Sheldon she's gotten him a Christmas gift, he's found himself in quite a predicament...

"The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis", Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory (211)

You bought me a present? Why would you do such a thing? I know you think you're being generous, but the foundation of gift giving is reciprocity. You haven't given me a gift, you've given me an obligation. The essence of the custom is that I now have to go out and purchase for you a gift of commensurate value and representing the same perceived level of friendship as that represented by the gift you've given me. Ah, it's no wonder suicide rates skyrocket this time of year. Oh, I brought this on by being such an endearing and important part of you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment